Wednesday, June 30, 2010

File Searching

When searching for files or program on your computer, (This is for Windows XP, Windows 7 may be a little different).
1. Left click on 'Start'.
2. Left click on 'Search'.
3. Choose a specific category or all files and folders.
(Let's just scan to see how many music files you have on your computer.)
5. Click on 'Pictures, Music or Video'.
6. Check the box for music.
7. If you had a particular music file you wanted to run, type in a name. If not leave the name box blank.
8. Click on 'Search' and wait for the scan to complete.
9. There could be a long list if you are not as neat as I am.
10 Make the results screen full size.
11. Up on the 'Toolbar', click on the 'Views' icon and select 'Details' for a better look.
12. In 'Details', you can click the 'Name' column or 'Size' or 'Date' etc. to get the best view for your purposes.
You may have wanted to delete some of your really old music files so sorting by date would be good.
Experiment with 'Search', it is a very handy tool for exploring your PC.

Dumb Question.....If the Census is meant to count legal citizens, why couldn't the Social Security and IRS departments use their database to do it on the cheap? Am I missing something?
I believe that every legal citizen is required to have a SS number, even babies. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment