Friday, July 9, 2010

New Blog

I lost my website a while back when my Web provider went out of business. Most of my archives from that site were lost, so I just created a new Blog to permantntly archive my Tips.

My new Blog is called frankstips (no spaces or caps).

http://frankstips.blogspot.com/

I have posted my last few weeks of tips there.

----------------------------------------

I think that we all receive videos in our e-mail box at one time or another. Although they are sometime welcome, sometime they just take a lot of our time in downloading them. A video file can take many minutes to load via our e-mail.

If you notice, I never send a full blown video in an e-mail. I always send a link to the source so that you do not have to download a large video file, you can run it right on the Internet.

How do I do it? This week I was sent 2 large videos by my readers. They were beautiful, but took long to download. I looked at the video of the Army parachute team and decided to share it with my subscribers In this week's 'Tips', but I did not want to make this e-mail download take 5-10 minutes.

What I did, and you can do is, see what the title of the video is. I used Google to search for "Youtube+Army+skydiving+ Kite". I got the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBaQAu3wkTI

So now you can see it without downloading the video by clicking the link above....(Use Red Arrows for full screen view).

Same for a beautiful Power Point slide show. It took me a while to download it. I watched the show and searched for "Chinas+amazing+bridges". I got the following link:


http://www.slideshare.net/ag205/chinas-amazing-bridges-4491503

Again you can view it without downloading. Use full size screen view. The best part is that you can e-mail the link to a friend and they too can view these files without downloading them. You use less disk and e-mail storage space too.

--------------------------------------------

My political Blog this week features, "Something Wicked This Way Comes".

http://frankdcurmudgeon.blogspot.com/

_________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment